At C2 Angels we have a focused approach to building our portfolio with two main elements as to how we bring our portfolio to life, they are 4 portfolio groups;
iVentures Studio Startups – A C2 created company that is designed to solve a big problem/capitalise on a big opportunity.
Micro 2IPO Accelerator cohort – Selected founders/startups that join our accelerator program with a view of being funded and part of our portfolio on completion.
C2 Startup portfolio – Startups that have come through iVentures Studio, Micro 2IPO or other sources that are in launch phase.
C2 Scaleups – Companies that are in a fast growth operational phase generating revenues.
What we look for in a Venture opportunity:
– Solves a big problem or represents a major opportunity
– The mega trends for the businesses market
– $100 Mill – $1 Billion exit value opportunities
– Founders with the ability to execute on the vision /opportunity
– Preferably a platform /ecosystem approach
– Multiple channels to market
– Ability to scale globally
– Opportunities that all weather businesses aren’t exposed to market disruptions
– Clear high value investment exits
We believe there is a greater chance of success when you work with companies that you have domain expertise in. We also have the view that a portfolio has greater value and easier to manage when there is consistencies in its composition.
These are our core sector focuses;
– WealthTec / FinTech
– AgTech / FoodTech
– Fast scale brand-based businesses
– Smart cities & PropertyTech
Even though these are our core focuses’ we do consider other exceptional founders/startups that fulfil our overall selection criteria.
The startups we develop solve identified problems and seek significant market opportunities.
Each idea is incubated, setting down the strategic direction, identifying and attracting the talent to execute the vision. In the early stage, the start-up is funded by iVentures Studio together with C2 Angels until the business is investment-ready.
The next step is to get angel funding. Here we engage with our angel network to raise expansion capital, from both outside investors and C2 Venture Capital.
iVentures studio is about adding the missing ingredients to start-ups:
– Vision & strategy
– Designing pathways from seed funding to exit
– Optimising results for stakeholders
– Structuring the company for global growth
– Network of professionals managing performance
– Mentoring and consulting
Become part of a community of 200 angel investors,
having access to Melbourne’s best-vetted start-ups.